Friday, June 26, 2009

More Painted Papers

I made one more attempt at the color wheel and it came out much better! I found a cerulean blue and it blended much better than the cobalt. I can also picture the blend better after reading about light absorption. I think it just helped me to view it from a different perspective, oh ... and refer back to Sian notes in the manual that said to use 2 blues, 2 reds and 2 yellows. So, "Virginia, yes, there is a Santa Claus", but apparently there are no "perfect" primary colors. I can accept the lack of perfection in man-made paint and move on.

So, next, cut a stamp based on a star or cross. I love the negative of the garden netting and I love the tree trunk, but maybe not for this next step. I have a couple of ideas from my sketches and will try carving some stamps tommorow. I think I might try potato stamps, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment