Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Kaleidoscope Collections Pictures




I had bought Kaleidoscope Kreator 3 because I loved some of the quilts I had seen where people used their own pictures to develop shading in kaleidoscope images, but I had not taken the time to play with it. I started playing with the program and then pulled up some of the pictures I had taken for the project and some hydrangeas that were in the complimentary colors I was considering. I chose star and cross shapes to go with the theme of the module and really like what developed. The close-ups of the hydrangeas shows texture and I like the mix of purple blue and the pale yellow. I was surprised by the garden picture and the cracked ground because of the interesting symmetry that develops from the trellis and the cracks. I like the program because you choose the shape of the cut and then a separate window shows a preview so you can adjust your picture in the cut-out and see the change simultaneously. Very fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment